What is Unirun?
The Unirun is an athletic competition that aims to promote news challenges in the university athletics.
Getting as a reference, The Boat Race, the annual rowing race between the Oxford University Boat Club and the Cambridge University Boat Club, the Unirun wants to implicate the 12 Universities from Catalonia in a popular running competition.
Two main features:
· Distance: 6.779 meters, equal distance like The Boat Race
· Competition between Universities: In addition to an individual competition, there is a competition between the 12 Catalan Universities.
Unirun the race of the Universities!
The participation is opened to everyone. In the Unirun can participate university students, alumnus, futures students, professors, workers, suppliers, relatives, a sympathizer of one Catalan University.
To participate you must be born in 2002 or before.
To participate, the runner has to choose one of the 12 Catalan Universities.
· Universitat de Barcelona
· Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
· Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
· Universitat Pompeu Fabra
· Universitat de Lleida
· Universitat de Girona
· Universitat Rovira i Virgili
· Universitat Ramon Llull
· Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
· Universitat de Vic
· Universitat Abat Oliba CEU
· Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
The Unirun is an athletic race promoted for the 12 Catalan Universities through the ECU (Esport Català Universitari). With the support of Ajuntament de Barcelona, the Secretaria General de l’Esport , the Ajuntament de Sant Adrià de Besòs and organized by Gaudium Sports, S.L.
Where and when will be?
The fourth edition of the Unirun will take place at Barcelona on 2018 March 4th at 9:30am.
The starting and finishing zone will be at Parc del Forum.
The time limit is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
How to arrive?
· Metro: L4, Stop El Maresme/Forum.
· Bus: Lines 7, 36, 141, H14 and H16.
· Tram: Trambesòs T4: Stop El Maresme.
· Car or motorcycle:
– Ronda Litoral direction Besòs River Exit 24.
– Por la Ronda Litoral direction Llobregat River Exit 25.
– Gran Via leaving Barcelona Exit Selva de Mar.
– Gran Via entering to Barcelona Exit Rambla Prim.
– Diagonal until Pl. de Llevant, follow to c/Taulat and arrive at c/Josep Pla.
Services to the runner
· Timing control with a chip.
· Timekeeping in the 5km and finish line.
· Refreshment and snacks at the arriving.
· Wardrobe from 8am on the race day.
· Fixed and movable Ambulance.
· Official T-shirt for all the registered with the logo of each University.
Number pick up
At the Runner Fair on Friday March 2nd, from 15h to 20h and Saturday March 3rd, from 10h to 20h.
Location is going to be at Pavelló Poliesportiu Campus Nord Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (c/ Jordi Girona, 1-3, in front of nº 14).
It’s necessary to present your ID or passport and the proof of inscription.
(*) All the runners from Universitat de Vic, Girona, Tarragona, Lleida and the registered of the UOC who lives out of Barcelona province, can pick up their number on Sunday, March 4th, just before the race. The schedule will be from 7:30h to 9:00h at the Parc Forum.
· At the three first absolute classified in male and female categories.
· At the first man and woman classifies of each University.
· At the winner University
· At the winner University in male and female categories.
Some Universities give ECTS for the students who complete the race.
The students enrolled in one Catalan University can consult at their Sports Services if the University recognizes ECTS to take part at the Unirun.